1. This Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom who are aged 18 or over. Any employees of the Promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this Promotion) are excluded from entering this Promotion. The Promoter may request the winner to provide proof of purchase.
2. Please note, you are entering to win a prize for a child who must be aged between 6 – 14 years old. You must be the parent or legal guardian of the child OR must be able to provide written confirmation of permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian. Proof of parental/guardianship responsibility may be requested.
3. Purchase is necessary in the United Kingdom, excluding Northern Ireland residents, see clause 7 for further details. Please retain an itemised receipt that states the time and date of purchase prior to entry, but within the Promotion Period, as this may be required for validation and in order for the winner to receive the Prize. A text-able mobile phone is required for entry.
4. Please note that while we want to encourage you to participate and enjoy the benefits of the Promotion we believe in responsible consumption of our products. DO NOT purchase more product than you can reasonably use or consume just to participate in this Promotion.
5. Promotion Period: Enter between 00:01 BST on 15th July 2021 and 23:59 BST on 18th August 2021 inclusive.
6. Any entries received before or after the Promotion Period will not be valid and will not be entered into this Promotion. Texts are charged at standard network rate.
7. How to Enter: Purchase any Cadbury product from any Asda store, and then text the word ‘SOCCERSCHOOL’ with the last 4 digits of the barcode found on the product and the age of the child you’d like to win the Prize for to 60777 in order to be entered into the Prize Draw. Child must be aged between 6 – 14.
8. No Purchase Necessary (NPN) Route for Residents of Northern Ireland: Northern Ireland residents can send a correctly stamped postcard or letter with their full name, email address, postal address and phone number to the following address: JS11742 Cadbury ASDA T2W, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF. (Entries to other postal address will not be accepted). All valid NPN entries will be entered into the Promotion on the consumer’s behalf. All NPN entries will be given an equal and random chance of winning a prize. All entrants using this entry route should take particular note of the timings of this Promotion and factor in time for their entry to reach the address above and at least 3 working days for their entry to be processed. One entry per postcard or letter.
9. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person during the entire Promotion Period. One itemised receipt per entry. Each itemised receipt must state the time and date of purchase, which must pre-date the entry date and time. Max 1 prize per person for entire promotion.
10. The Prizes: There will be a total of 40 winners.
a. 10 Prizes for children aged between 6-8
b. 10 Prizes for children aged between 9-11
c. 20 Prizes for children aged between 12-14.
Each winner will win (for a child):
d. A place at Manchester United Soccer School for 1 day.
i. Sessions will be split into three age groups: 6-8, 9-11 and 12-14.
ii. Sessions will be led by elite soccer school coaches from 10am to 3pm.
iii. Morning session: Skills & Drills.
iv. Afternoon session: Mini Tournament.
e. Return coach travel from Old Trafford to the training ground for the child and their parent/guardian.
f. £30 Cadbury Hamper.
g. Food and beverages for the child and their parent/guardian.
h. Meeting with Fred the Red, the Manchester United club mascot.
Each child must be accompanied with a parent or guardian on the day – this is limited to one accompanying adult. Each child must bring their own shin pads and suitable boots for artificial surfaces.
11. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their child whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or their child from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the winner and/or their child act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the winners being required to leave the event.
b. You and your child must abide by any relevant terms and conditions which form part of the prize (including signing a waiver). Whilst at the event, you must not: be drunk, intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, underage, be abusive, threatening, make or incite racial abuse, chant, use offensive language, make obscene gestures, throw items, behave anti-socially, carry laser pens, bring animals (except guide dogs), carry offensive weapons or illegal substances, carry candles, climb any structure, make excessive noise, offer any item for sale, damage the venue or smoke. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the winners being required to leave the event.
c. You and your child must abide by any relevant terms and conditions set by the venue/s which form part of your prize. It is your responsibility to ensure that you take care when moving around the event.
d. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
e. Certain parts of the prize may require particular levels of health or fitness. Entrants should ensure that they are capable of meeting the required standards and may be required to agree to additional terms and conditions relating to the same prior to participating.
f. The winner must inform the Promoter of any dietary requirements or allergens by 2 weeks prior to attending the event.
g. The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
h. The Prize is due to take place in October 2021.
i. Redemption of prize is subject to Government guidelines and lockdown measures which can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
j. If Government guidelines restrict redemption of the prizes in their current form, Promoter will work with the winners to discuss moving the prize to a later date or issuing an alternative prize.
k. At all times, Promoter will have the discretion as to how to implement the prize fulfilment.
12. Winner Selection: The relevant number of winners for each age group (as stated above in Clause 10) will be randomly selected from all valid entries received into each age group during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service, within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
13. Winner Notification: Each winner will be contacted via the phone number used on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter (after reasonable attempts) reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
14. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of their Prizes. Winners will be required to respond within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner.
15. Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of the winners will be made available to anyone who requests them by writing to JS11742 Cadbury ASDA T2W, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF , within 3 months of the closing date. In the event they win, winners may request their surname and county are not published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during Winner Notification. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
16. The Promoter fully respects freedom of speech, but prior to entering the promotion, the winner must not have posted, published or caused to be published by way of press, radio, television or in any social medium, any comments that are likely to discredit or damage the reputation of the Promoter or their product(s) or service(s) or be in breach of the rules of the relevant media. In addition, the winner must not do so during the life of the promotion or Prize. If, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, decides that the winner has breached this condition, the winner’s entitlement to the Prize may be cancelled and a substitute winner chosen on the same basis as the original winner.
17. The Promoter may request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winners are under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
18. This promotion will be run by the Promoter and is not in any way administered by Manchester United Football Club. By entering, you acknowledge that Manchester United Football Club shall not have any liability to you in connection with the promotion.
Winner Selection and Notification
19. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
20. It is the responsibility of the participant to provide their correct, up-to-date details when entering the Promotion and/or confirming acceptance of the prize in order for their prize to be processed. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
22. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, malware incident, technical failures, pandemic, epidemic, Government Order / Guidelines, delay in delivery of Promotional packs, or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
23. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the text line.
24. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
25. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
26. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
27. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
28. The Promoter shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any successor legislation or other applicable law. The personal information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion and in accordance with the Promoters’ Data Privacy Notice which can be found at www.cadbury.co.uk/privacy. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion (including any relevant promotional activity) or communicating with entrants.
29. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
30. By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
31. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
32. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – Branch with registered office at Cadbury House, Sanderson Road Uxbridge, UB8 1DH.