1. Promoter Details: UK: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – UK Branch whose address is at Cadbury House, Sanderson Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1DH. ROI: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – Ireland Branch whose address is at Malahide Road, Coolock, Dublin 5 (together the “Promoter”).
2. Eligibility: Entry is open only to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and The Republic of Ireland aged 16 and over. Directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or the agencies or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Promotional Period: Entrants can enter from the 00.01 BST on the 22nd of June 2020 to 23:59 BST on the 3rd of August 2020.
4. Entry Instructions: Internet access and contact details (including a valid name, email address, phone number, city of residence) are required to submit an entry. No purchase is necessary.
5. How to enter: Log on to www.cadburyinventor.co.uk or www.cadburyinventor.ie and create your Cadbury Dairy Milk bar concept, including up to a maximum of 3 ingredients from the selection available for the chance to win.
• Entrants will be required to confirm they are 16+ by agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, and they will also have to provide their email address and telephone number.
• Entrants will be required to provide a unique and creative name for their bar as part of their entry. Entrants will also have the opportunity to explain the story of the inspiration behind their creation. For the avoidance of doubt the story is optional, but it will be taken into account when determining the finalists.
In relation to the name of the bar and the inspiration behind it, entries which feature the following will be disregarded from the selection process:
i. swear words or words which are, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, likely to offend the reasonable person;
ii. words that are likely to reflect negatively on the name, reputation or goodwill of any brand or person;
iii. anything politically motivated;
iv. any name which infringes the intellectual property of any third party; and
v. any combination of wording which is already in existence in a Cadbury Dairy Milk bar. By way of an example, a creation with the wording ‘’Marvellous Creation’’ in its title would be excluded because it is already used on a chocolate bar.
Ingredients available for selection include:
• Caramelised and sea salted pecans
• Caramelised and Salted Chopped almond
• Roasted, caramelised pistachio
• Mixed Berry
• Black Pepper
• Sea Salt
• Rice crisps
• Crunchy Corn
• Crunchy Caramel
• Mint Pieces
• Digestive biscuits
• Candy Shell Chocolate Bites
• Caramelised cocoa nibs
• Popping candy
• Yoghurt Berry Granola
• Animal Jellies
• Cola Jellies
• Cookie Dough
• Malt Nuggets
• Jelly Beans
• White chocolate chips
The Promoter will aim to, as far as possible, create the bar for finalists as per their entry, however it may not be possible for all of the above ingredients to be used or used in combination with each other. In some cases, a flavouring might need be used in replacement of the ingredient itself.
Due to the nature of our manufacturing processes and potential procurement restraints, it may not be feasible to produce your bar exactly as submitted by you. The bar concept submitted is for the purpose of entering the promotion and may not be the bar that is produced if picked as a finalist. Whilst the Promoter will work with the finalists and the winner to create the bar as close as possible to their entry, this may not always be possible and ultimately, the Promoter will have the final say as to the bar which is created and the ingredients within it.
6. Selection Process and Judging Criteria:
(i) All valid entries (subject to moderation) during the Promotion Period will be judged by PromoVeritas (the independent promotional verification service). Following this process, 20 entries will remain and will be reviewed by a separate expert panel of judges (which shall include at least one independent judge) to select 3 finalists (‘Finalists’).
(ii) The entries will be judged on:
✔ Taste – The judging panel will review the mix of ingredients to decide whether the bar offers an interesting, realistic, enjoyable and delicious taste that would be of appeal to a mass market within the UK and Ireland. It will also be judged on whether the taste feels significantly different to a bar on the shelves of UK and Irish supermarkets at the moment and whether there is a gap in the market to launch this specific bar.
✔ Creativity – The judging panel will review the name of the bar and inspiration behind the entry (if submitted) to look at the entry in its entirety and whether it provides an interesting and emotive reason for the bar to be created. As there may be a number of entries featuring the same ingredient, these elements are crucial to differentiating the bar from others and understanding the unique nature of the entry.
(iii) Entrants may have to complete a successful background check in order to progress in the process. The cost of the background checks will be borne by the Promoter.
7. The Three Finalists:
• The Three Finalists will be notified by no later than 3 months following the end of the Promotion Period via the email address or contact number provided on entry and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a Finalist does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that Finalist. If a Finalist is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve Finalists may have less time to respond.
• Prize Acceptance: The three Finalists will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange it. In the unlikely event that a Finalist doesn’t receive notification within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the Finalist will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. In the event that a Finalist does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
• The Promoter fully respects freedom of speech, but prior to entering the promotion, those selected as Finalists must not have uttered, posted, published or caused to be published by way of press, radio, television or in any social medium, any comments that are likely to discredit or damage the reputation of the promoter or their product(s) or service(s) or be in breach of the rules of the relevant media. In addition, Finalists must not do so during the life of the promotion. If, the promoter, in its absolute discretion, decides that a winner has breached this condition, that entrant’s entitlement to be selected or announced as a Finalist may be cancelled and a substitute Finalist chosen on the same basis as the original winner.
• The Finalists’ Prize will be:
o To visit the Promoter’s innovation kitchen where they will get to experiment with different ingredients to create a Cadbury Dairy Milk bar. Subject to the feasibility of the ingredients chosen at the point of entry, the Finalists will be able to bring to life their entry concept but as mentioned in clause 5, it might not always be possible.
o To launch the bar that they create during their visit, into market along with the other Finalists’ creations. See Clause 8 for full details.
• Due to the nature of the Finalist Prize, it is not possible to describe everything which is included but there may be some surprises on the day.
• Finalists will need to be available for one day to travel to the Cadbury R&D centre to create and design their bar. This is anticipated to be between 1st November 2020 and 31st December 2020 however these dates cannot be guaranteed, and so we will notify Finalists of the exact dates as soon as possible ahead of the visit. Finalists must make themselves available for any weekday dates during this period (but will be given as much reasonable notice as practically possible).
• Finalists must follow all instructions given to them on the day of their visit to the innovation kitchen and must behave in accordance with the Promoters guidance and policies. This includes but is not limited to Health and Safety and Confidentiality.
• Prior to their visit, Finalists must notify the Promoter should they have any allergies of any sort.
• For Finalists under the age of 18, parental/guardian consent will be required to visitCadbury, and a parent/guardian must also accompany the Finalist for the visit.
• Travel will be booked to and from a Cadbury R&D site to the total value of £200 per person. Accommodation will be booked if travel times are longer than three hours each way. If accommodation is required, a valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to the room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in-room calls or services.
• The Finalists will also need to be available for one day to travel to the Cadbury R&D centre to take part in promotional activity. This is anticipated to be between 1st March 2021 and 30th June 2021 however these dates cannot be guaranteed and so we will notify Finalists of the exact dates as soon as possible ahead of the visit. The visit will include photography with their final bar, media interviews and content for Cadbury owned social media channels. Finalists must follow all reasonable instructions of the Promoter in relation to promotional activity.
• The Finalists are responsible for their behaviour whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude any Finalist from participation in any aspect of the Prize if they fail to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the Finalist acts in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the Finalist being required to leave the venue.
• All Finalists must abide by any relevant terms and conditions of a venue which forms part of the Prize.
• For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
8. Main Winner Prize:
All three Finalists’ creations will be launched and the Main prize Winner will be decided by the following criteria during a voting period – the dates for which will be announced once the Finalist’s creations have been launched:
i. Sales data during the voting period will make up 20% of the criteria towards the winning bar and will be taken from retailer sales data.
ii. Public voting on www.cadburyinventor.co.uk or www.cadburyinventor.ie during the voting period will make up 75% of the criteria towards the winning bar.
iii. Voting polls from Facebook and Twitter during the voting period will make up 5% of the criteria towards the winning bar.
The three Finalist’s bars will be sold to the public for the same amount of time and on the same channels (the products are anticipated to be on sale for between 8 - 12 weeks from June 2021, subject to change).
All votes/sales will be strictly monitored by the Promoter and independent third party adjudicators throughout and any attempts to manipulate or otherwise unfairly influence the results will result in disqualification of votes/sales or suspension of the Promotion.
Both sets of data will be compiled and evaluated by a third party adjudicator who will ensure, as far as possible, the accuracy and integrity of the data.
The bar that receives the most votes as set out above will join the Cadbury Dairy Milk Range. The winning inventor (“Main Prize Winner”) will also get a supply of their winning bar for the year (52 bars across the year, delivered through 3 instalments throughout the year).
9 Main Winner Notification: The Main Prize Winner will be contacted via the email address or contact number provided on entry within 14 working days of Main Winner selection and will be required to respond to confirm acceptance of the Prize, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that the Main Prize Winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the main Prize Winner. If the Main Prize Winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. The reserve winner may have less time to respond.
10. Prize Acceptance: The main Prize Winner will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange delivery of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the Main Prize Winner will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that the Main Prize Winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
Whilst we want to encourage the Main Prize Winner to reap the benefits of the Prize, the Promoter believes in responsible consumption of their products.
Online votes may be cast in the following three ways during the Voting Period:
1) Visit www.cadburyinventor.co.uk or www.cadburyinventor.ie;
II. Log on to www.facebook.com/cadburydairymilkuk;
III. Log on to https://twitter.com/CadburyUK;
Members of the public will only be able to cast one vote per person, per platform.
The above methods of online voting are not a definitive list, and the Promoter may include other means of voting. Any such other method will also be limited to a vote per person, per platform. Any further details needed to vote on any of the online voting mechanics will be outlined nearer the time of the vote.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Twitter, and that neither Facebook or Twitter have no liability for any element of this Promotion.
11. The Promoter and any third party adjudicator shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid votes/sales including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a voter and their voting patterns.
12. An entry must be made directly by the person entering the Competition and in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. Third party, spam and bulk entries will not be accepted. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions, and may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or invalidate any affected entries. Entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any entries will be void.
13. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the web entry and voting pages or any social media platform.
14. The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which votes/sales are genuine and therefore eligible to take part in this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The accuracy of the pooled results received by us will be deemed to be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Promoter’s decision will be final and they will have the ultimate discretion as to the Finalists.
17. The Promoter reserves the right at any time, in its absolute discretion, to verify the eligibility of any participant (including their age and place of residence); disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the Promotion or entering using fraudulent means, including, without limitation, participants who have not provided correct contact details, or who the promoter believes to have acted in breach of these terms and conditions.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. For the avoidance of doubt, it is the responsibility of the participant to check junk/spam to ensure they are in receipt of promotional communication. The Promoter is not responsible for an entrant making a late claim on their win if this email is missed for any reason.
19. The Finalists and the main Prize Winner must participate in reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and images in promotional material. The Finalists and the Main Prize Winner also approve that their name may feature on their Cadbury Dairy Milk creation should the Promoter wish. Any person visiting any Cadbury facility may be required to sign further legal disclaimers and/or waivers prior to visiting the facility.
20. Intellectual Property:
By entering this promotion, all entrants transfer any and all intellectual property rights, and agree to waive moral rights related to copyright, in their submitted creation (including the naming of the bar and its label design, combination of ingredients selected and story/inspiration for the bar) to the benefit of the Promoter. The Promoter (and their successors-in-title) will own all intellectual property rights to every creation entered as part of this promotion and are free to exploit the creations as they wish in part or in whole even if entrants are not selected as Finalists. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter may launch any of the creations using any of the names, and stories submitted by all entrants at any time.
All Finalists shall sign any further legal documents as required, or provide any further reasonable assistance that may be required in assigning all rights, including waiving moral rights, in their creation bar to the Promoter.
21. Any Prizes returned to sender or undelivered due to inaccurate details being supplied will be considered unwanted and the prize will be lost.
22. This Promotion shall not in any way fetter the discretion of the Promoter to make any changes to its Cadbury Dairy Milk product range that it considers desirable at any time, including the discontinuation of any of the finalists bars and the bar created by the Main Prize Winner.
23. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize (including to any guests), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
24. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation in whole or in part.
25. In the event for any reason the Finalists and/or the Main Prize Winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the Finalists and/or the Main Prize Winner, and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize. If for any reason a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
26. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, malware incident, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
27. The surname and county of the Finalists will be made available to anyone who requests them by writing to ‘Cadbury Inventor Finalists List 2021’ at PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF within 3 months of the closing date. In the event they win, Finalists may request their surname and county are not published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing email@example.com. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
28. The Promoter shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any successor legislation or other applicable law. The personal information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion and in accordance with the Promoters’ Data Privacy Notice which can be found at www.cadbury.co.uk/privacy. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion (including any relevant promotional activity) or communicating with entrants.
29. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
30. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.