UK, 18+. Open between 00:01 19/05/2022 - 23:59 13/07/2022. Buy a Promotional Product from any Asda Store and text the word ‘MERLIN’, the last 4 digits of the barcode found on-pack + your name and postcode to 78866 to be entered into the prize draw. Prize: Level 1: 1 winner (plus 3 guests) will win one night accommodation. Valid for redemption until 15th July 2023, excluding secondary ticketed events (including but not limited to concerts, Fireworks) and attraction closed dates. Excludes stays during peak holiday periods 2022 and 2023. Please check altontowers.com for the attraction opening dates and times. Prize also includes breakfast, one day theme park tickets, escorted on park by a VIP host, exclusive early ride time on The Runaway Mine Train, Fastrack Gold tickets, a meal deal for four at either Burger Kitchen or Just Chicken, an evening meal (up to the value of £20 per person) at the Rollercoaster Restaurant, tickets to the Waterpark and Extraordinary Golf plus car parking for the duration of the prize visit. Entrance to The Alton Towers Dungeon, Tree Top Quest, and the Spa is not included in the prize. Winner will also receive £250 spending money. Level 2: 25 x pairs of tickets for free entry into Alton Towers Resort. Level 1 & 2 prizes subject to further prize conditions and Merlin terms and conditions. Retain receipt to claim. Mobile phone required. Texts charged at standard network rate. Max 1 entry per person. Max 1 prize per person. Visit www.cadbury.co.uk/terms-and-condition for full T&Cs, prize details and NI NPN. Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – UK Branch with registered office at Cadbury House, Sanderson Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1DH.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom who are aged 18 or over. Any employees of the Promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this Promotion) are excluded from entering this Promotion. The Promoter may request the winner to provide proof of purchase.
2. Purchase is necessary in the United Kingdom, excluding Northern Ireland residents, see clause 8 for further details. Please retain an itemised receipt that states the time and date of purchase prior to entry, but within the Promotion Period, as this may be required for validation and in order for the winner to receive the Prize. A text-able mobile phone is required for entry.
3. Please note that while we want to encourage you to participate and enjoy the benefits of the Promotion we believe in responsible consumption of our products. DO NOT purchase more product than you can reasonably use or consume just to participate in this Promotion.
4. Promotion Period: Enter between 00:01 BST on 19 May 2022 and 23:59 BST on 13 July 2022 inclusive.
5. Any entries received before or after the Promotion Period will not be valid and will not be entered into this Promotion. Texts are charged at standard network rate.
6. How to Enter: Purchase a Promotional Product from any Asda store and text the word ‘MERLIN’, with the last 4 digits of the barcode found on the product plus your name and postcode to 78866 in order to be entered into the Prize Draw.
7. No Purchase Necessary (NPN) Route for Residents of Northern Ireland: Northern Ireland residents can send a correctly stamped postcard or letter with their full name, email address, postal address and phone number to the following address: JS12762 Cadbury Merlin ASDA T2W, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF. (Entries to other postal address will not be accepted). All valid NPN entries will be entered into the Promotion on the consumer’s behalf. All NPN entries will be given an equal and random chance of winning a prize. All entrants using this entry route should take particular note of the timings of this Promotion and factor in time for their entry to reach the address above and at least 3 working days for their entry to be processed. One entry per postcard or letter.
8. Promotional Products:
- Cadbury Animals Mini Biscuits,
- Cadbury Mini Fingers,
- Barny Chocolate 125g,
- Barny Chocolate 200g,
- Barny Milk 125g,
- Oreo Mini 114g
- Fudge 6 pack,
- Curly Wurly 6 pack,
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons 6 pack,
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo 6 pack,
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Little Bar 6 pack.
9. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person during the entire Promotion Period. One itemised receipt. Receipt must state the time and date of purchase, which must pre-date the entry date and time. Max 1 prize per person for entire promotion.
10. The Prizes:
Level 1: There will be 1 winner. The winner will receive:
• Fast track Gold Tickets for Alton Towers.
• Lunch meal deal for four at either Burger Kitchen or Just Chicken
• Dinner for four at the Roller Coaster restaurant up to the value of £20 per person.
• Escorted on park by a VIP host.
• Exclusive early ride time on The Runaway Mine Train.
• Overnight stay at the Alton Towers Hotel which will include complimentary breakfast.
• Complimentary entry to the Waterpark and Extraordinary Golf.
• £250 spending money.
Entrance to The Alton Towers Dungeon, Tree Top Quest, and the Spa is not included in the prize.
Level 2: 25 winners will win 1 x pairs of tickets for free entry into Alton Towers Resort.
11. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. Level 1:
i. Prize to be redeemed by 15th July 2023.
ii. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any injury or loss associated with taking up the prize.
iii. Guests under 12 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over. Parental / guardian consent must be provided for minor / underage guests.
iv. The Prize includes 1 night accommodation for 4 people sharing in a family room, with breakfast.
v. A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in- room calls or services.
vi. The winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the accommodation during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes which are not included in the Prize.
vii. Prize does not include travel to or from Alton Towers Resort.
viii. The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
ix. Excludes entry during peak holidays, school holidays and special events. Please check exclusions calendar for details.
x. Your pass will be delivered digitally, directly to your inbox, ready to use.
xi. All Alton Towers passes are non-transferable. Rides and attractions are subject to availability. Terms and Conditions apply.
xii. The winner needs a valid UK bank account.
xiii. Winners are responsible for providing correct bank account details and the Promoter will not be liable for any Prize payments made into the wrong bank account.
xiv. Winner will need to pay for any additional costs not included in the terms and conditions.
b. Level 2
xv. To comply with government regulations and Merlin Health & Safety standards, all Level 2 winners will be required to pre-book a ticket online. Tickets are subject to availability and are available via individual attractions' websites.
i. Terms and Conditions for Alton Towers can be found at www.altontowers.com/terms-and-conditions/
ii. The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guests whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or their guests from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the winner and/or their guests act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the winner being required to leave the venue.
iii. Winner and their guests must abide by any relevant terms and conditions which form part of the prize. Whilst at the attraction you must not: be drunk, intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, be abusive, threatening, make or incite racial abuse, chant, use offensive language, make obscene gestures, throw items, behave anti-socially, carry laser pens, bring animals (except guide dogs), carry offensive weapons or illegal substances, carry candles, climb any structure, make excessive noise, offer any item for sale, damage the venue or smoke. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the winner and guests being required to leave the venue.
iv. Winner and their guests must abide by any relevant terms and conditions set by the attraction which form part of your prize. It is your responsibility to ensure that you take care when moving around the venue.
12. Winner Selection: The relevant number of winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service, within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
13. Winner Notification: Winner will be contacted via the phone number used on entry within 14 days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter (after reasonable attempts) reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
14. For the avoidance of doubt, it is the responsibility of the participant to check junk/spam to ensure they are in receipt of promotional communication. The Promoter is not responsible for an entrant making a late claim on their win if this email is missed for any reason.
15. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of their Prizes. In the unlikely event that a winner has not received communication to arrange their prize within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. If a winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at its sole discretion.
16. Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of the winners will be made available to anyone who requests them by writing to JS12762 Cadbury Merlin ASDA T2W WL, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF within 3 months of the closing date. In the event they win, winners may request their surname and county are not published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during Winner Notification. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
17. The Promoter fully respects freedom of speech, but prior to entering the promotion, the winner must not have posted, published or caused to be published by way of press, radio, television or in any social medium, any comments that are likely to discredit or damage the reputation of the Promoter or their product(s) or service(s) or be in breach of the rules of the relevant media. In addition, the winner must not do so during the life of the promotion or Prize. If, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, decides that the winner has breached this condition, the winner’s entitlement to the Prize may be cancelled and a substitute winner chosen on the same basis as the original winner.
18. The Promoter may request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winners are under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
19. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
20. It is the responsibility of the participant to provide their correct, up-to-date details when entering the Promotion and/or confirming acceptance of the prize in order for their prize to be processed. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
22. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, malware incident, technical failures, pandemic, epidemic, Government Order / Guidelines, delay in delivery of Promotional packs, or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
23. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the text line.
24. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
25. The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotion and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entries (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified, any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
a. Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information it consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld unless and until verification is completed satisfactorily.
b. Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
c. Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
d. Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
e. Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for Text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
f. Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not fully meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
26. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
27. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
28. The Promoter shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any successor legislation or other applicable law. The personal information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion and in accordance with the Promoters’ Data Privacy Notice which can be found at www.cadbury.co.uk/privacy. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion (including any relevant promotional activity) or communicating with entrants.
29. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
30. By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
31. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
32. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – Branch with registered office at Cadbury House, Sanderson Road Uxbridge, UB8 1DH.