NOTE: Terms & Conditions clause 10b updated with an extended claim by date for Main Prizes only. Main Prizes must now be claimed by noon on 31st December 2013.
The Promoter had reserved the right to conduct the Unclaimed Prize Draw (clause 4ii and 7) however it has decided to extend the Main Prize claim period instead.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. Participation in this promotion constitutes acceptance of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is open only to UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 16 and over. Directors, management and employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or the agencies or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Proof of purchase is required and internet access may be required. No purchase necessary for Northern Ireland residents (see clause 6).
4. During the Unwrap Gold "Promotion Period" there are three different closing dates according to the type of prize/draw:
i. Main Promotion: will begin at 00.01 on 12th August 2013 and close at 23.59 on 12th November 2013 ("Main Promotion Closing Date").
ii. Unclaimed Prize Draw: will begin at noon on 13th November and close at 23:59 on 29th November 2013 ("Unclaimed Prize Draw Closing Date"). See note at top of Terms & Conditions.
iii. Final Draw: will begin at 00.01 on 13th November 2013 and close at 23:59 on 13th November 2014 ("Final Draw").
5. THE PROMOTIONS:
To enter the Main Promotion, entrants must purchase a promotional pack of: (Singles) Cadbury Crunchie, Cadbury Twirl, Cadbury Wispa, Cadbury Wispa Gold, Cadbury Starbar, Cadbury Double Decker, Cadbury Boost, Cadbury Dairy Milk, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocos, Cadbury Moro (ROI Only), (Duos) Cadbury Double Decker Duo, Cadbury Wispa Duo, Cadbury Boost Duo, (Multipacks) Cadbury Twirl 4 pack, Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel 4 pack, Cadbury Dairy Milk 4 pack, Cadbury Crunchie 4 pack, Cadbury Double Decker 4 pack, Cadbury Wispa 4 pack, Cadbury Flake 4 pack by the Main Promotion Closing Date. There are two elements to the promotion ("Main Promotion"):
i. MAIN PRIZE INSTANT WIN: Entrants that find a golden wrapped bar marked with 'CONGRATULATIONS' within a Promotional Pack must call the number stated on the Golden wrap. Claimants will be required to answer a series of verification questions including the unique code on the golden wrap, the winning product name, the retailer it was purchased from and the location of purchase. If entrants are unable to provide this information in full, following internal verification checks it will be up to the discretion of the Promoter as to whether a prize is issued. Claimants will also be required to provide an email address in order to allow for further communication of the prize details. (See clause 10).
ii. ONLINE PRIZES: 1 in 8 Promotional Packs will contain a unique code inside ("Unique Code"). Those finding a pack with a code must then visit: UK: www.cadbury.co.uk or ROI: www.cadbury.ie and click on the Unwrap Gold button to enter this unique code to find out instantly what they have won. Internet access required. (See clause 12). Maximum of 2 entries per person per day permitted. Please retain winning packs as the Promoter reserves the right to ask for these as part of the verification process.
6. For Northern Ireland, residents can also enter by writing to the following address: JS2500 Unwrap Gold NPN, PO Box 95, Leigh, Lancs, WN7 1WQ with their name, full postal address and email address. PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, will open a randomly selected pack on your behalf and if you are a winner, email you the unique code for you to complete the process described in 5( ii) above. All valid NPN entries will be given an equal and random chance of winning a main prize via an independently supervised process. Only winners will be notified. Only one entry per stamped envelope/email.
7. UNCLAIMED PRIZES DRAW: In the event that at the end of the Main Promotion any of the Main Prizes from the Main prize instant win (clause 5i) promotion are unclaimed, the Promoter, may at its sole discretion, email all those who entered their Unique Code online by the Main Promotion Closing Date in order to invite them to enter a separate prize draw to award the unclaimed Main Prizes. Entrants will need to respond to the Promoter by 23.59 on 29th November 2013. As a result, the number of winners will be dependent on the number of unclaimed Main Prizes available to be won at the end of the Promotion Period. Any winners will be notified via email by 2nd December2013 and will be required to call the telephone number stated in the email to claim their prize by noon on 16th December 2013. Failure to respond by this date may result in an alternative winner being selected at random from all valid entries. See note at top of Terms & Conditions.
8. FINAL DRAW: For those entering a code online as per clause 5.ii.between 00.01 on 13th November 2013 and 23.59 on 13th November 2014 there will be one final draw to win a prize of £500 (“Final Draw”). The winner will be selected in a random draw, conducted by an independent promotional verification service, from all valid entries within 7 days of the closing date. The winner will be informed by email within 7 days of the draw (27th November 2014 at the latest) and will then have 14 days to respond to that email, if the winner fails to respond within this time the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant selected at random from all valid entries.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
10. THE PRIZES: There are 8 Main Prizes to be won: 8 Cadbury promotional bars/packs will have a special gold foil wrapping around the product which have been distributed randomly across England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. The Prize for those finding one of these packs is a replica of the bar they found, cast in 18 carat gold plus a trip to a special Cadbury event to collect their prize ("Main Prize").
a) Due to the different volumes/weights of the different Cadbury products, the value of the prize will vary according to the product and the price of gold at the time of winning the prize (as gold prices fluctuate on a daily basis). We anticipate that each of the 18 carat gold replica bars will be worth between £10,000 - £23,000.
b) Claiming a Main Prize: Those finding a special golden wrapped chocolate bar must call the number stated on the Golden Wrap and complete the verification process. All claims must be made by noon on 31st December 2013.
11. Additional Details of the Prize: The winner will be invited to a special Cadbury event where they will be presented with their gold bar. The prize includes: economy travel for the winner and a guest (1 person must be 18 years or over) from their home address, 1 nights’ accommodation in a hotel specified by Cadbury, in a standard double/twin room on a bed and breakfast basis (based on 2 people sharing)
The winner of the Main Prizes will be contacted by the Promoter no later than 28 days after the Main Promotion Closing Date.
12. Online Prizes: As indicated above, 1 in 8 bars feature a prize winning code. The distribution of winning bars has been randomly and securely overseen by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service. The total universe of winning bars will be approximately 10,000,000 packs but this is likely to vary slightly depending on final production and sales. Winning Promotional Packs will contain a unique code inside that when entered online will reveal the prize won from the following prize pool ("Online Prizes"):
i. 1100 x cinema packages consisting of a pair of cinema vouchers plus a voucher redeemable against a 130g bag of Cadbury sharing bags;
ii. Approximately 5,200,000 x prizes consisting of one 30g bar of Cadbury Crispello; and
iii. Approximately 5,200,000 x prizes consisting of one 45g bar of Cadbury Marvellous Creations
13. Additional Cinema terms
a. UK resident winners of cinema tickets will receive Vue cinema vouchers and can be used as part payment up to the value of £11.05 each.
b. For full list of Vue cinema outlets see www.myvue.com
c. Vue cinema Vouchers must be redeemed by the date specified on the voucher supplied.
d. ROI resident winners of cinema tickets will receive an equivalent package.
e. Cinema packages will be distributed within 28 days of the winning entry being received.
14. Winners of a free chocolate product will be able to obtain their e-coupon via a downloadable link, which will be emailed following confirmation of the win. No software download is required but recipients must have access to the internet and a printer to print out the coupon. Coupons must be printed by 11.59pm on 19th November 2013 and are valid in-store from 14 days of the print date. Coupons can be redeemed at stocking retailers.
15. All winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
16. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize (including to any guests), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
17. Transferability of winning golden wrap: Winning gold wraps must not be sold for commercial gain in any way, including on online auction sites. If the Promoter becomes aware that a winning golden wrap has been made available for sale, bought or sold the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to redeem the winning golden wrap without payment of compensation to the entrant who submits the relevant winning golden wrap for verification as a valid win.
18. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. In the event for any reason the prize winners do not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winners and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. If for any reason a prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
19. The main winners agree to comply with the reasonable requests of the Promoter and its agents and to be responsible to the Promoter for the acts and omissions of their guests. Prize winners and their guest must act within the framework of acceptable and proper behaviour during the course of the prize trip and comply with all rules and regulations laid down by those providing the elements of the prizes. If a winner or their guest is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any or all elements of the relevant prize.
20. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
21. If a winning entry from a draw is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of the prize will be randomly selected.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the names and counties of residence of the Main Prize Winners.
23. Please allow 28 days for delivery of the Secondary Online Prizes.
24. The names of the Main Prize Instant Win winners may be obtained from the Unclaimed Prize Draw closing date, by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Unwrap Gold, Cadbury House, Sanderson Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1DH.
25. The promoter in the UK is Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – UK Branch whose address is at Cadbury House, Sanderson Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1DH, the promoter in the ROI is Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – Irish Branch whose address is at Malahide Road, Coolock, Dublin 5 (together the 'Promoter').
26. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
27. The promotion is run pursuant to a Lottery License granted to Focus Ireland under the Dublin District Court.